- Seamless Integration – Garadget is purpose-built to control garage door openers and it does its job much better than the typical patchwork of relays, sensors and generic drivers.
- Local Control – break free from cloud dependency and increase system’s reliability with fully offline-capable garage control. No changing APIs or service terms, full privacy.
- Fast and Simple Installation – get garage door integration running in minutes with wireless WiFi communication, patented laser sensor, quick mounting options and support of Simple Discovery Protocol. No tools required for typical installation.
- Unmatched Flexibility – Garadget offers multiple sensor types and mounting options, garage door configuration parameters, standard keypad integration, variables and events for advanced logic.
- Safety and Compliance – Features configurable siren and strobe for full UL235 safety standard compliance.
- Low Cost – fraction of the cost of individual modules typically used for garage door integration.
- Subscriptions Free, Zero Maintenance – install and forget – no subscriptions to renew, no trips to change the batteries.
Setup & Installation
Garadget for Control4 takes about 10-20 minutes to setup and consists of following steps:
- Connect Garadget to local network:
- Power up prior installation using USB connector in the back of the unit.
- Confirm that indication on Garadget is 4 LEDs blinking every second. If indication is different then press and hold button labeled “M” to revert to the setup mode.
- Connect your phone tablet or computer to a WiFi hotspot Garadget-XXXXXX
- Navigate the web browser on the same device to http://192.168.0.1/
- Submit the WiFi connection credentials using the configuration web form. Other settings can be left at defaults at this time.
- Confirm that indication on Garadget changed to 2 LEDs turned on and one blinking confirming a successful WiFi connection.
- Add Garadget to Control4 system:
- Find new Garadget entry in “discovery” panel and add it to the project by double clicking “Motorization/Softcomplex” entry.
- Confirm that indication on Garadget changed to just one LED occasionally softly lighting up.
- Adjust properties as needed (optional).
- Establish keypad connections and other logic (optional).
- Change the garage controller visibility in navigator (Room->Navigator->Security->Modify).
- Refresh navigators (File->Refresh Navigators).
- Install controller in the garage:
- Attach controller to a clean dry surface on the opener’s enclosure in direct line of sight of the top panel of the garage door using the included mount.
- Adjust the alignment so the laser points at the top panel of the closed garage door and affix the reflective tag so the laser hits its center.
- Connect the included wiring between the Garadget’s terminal labeled G and try contact terminals of the garage door opener. Polarity of this connection is not important. Adapter will be required for Security+ 2.0 systems.
- Using the mobile app or Composer confirm that the correct door status reported and door control working.
⚡ Download The Latest Driver: https://www.garadget.com/c4-driver ⚡
Addendum: Changes since the video video was recorded:
- The LED indication for connected status changed from all lights pulsing twice to just one led softly lighting
- The driver is now certified so it should automatically match the discovered device without the need to add/update from download.
Garadget for Control4
Zoltan Grim (verified owner) –
Excellent product, easy to set up and configure. Works as intended and reliable. Highly recommend it, I would use it over and over again.