Garadget is a simple and elegant way to breath a new life into your existing garage doors opener. It helps prevent mishaps so familiar to many of us: having to drive back to double-check if the garage door is closed, wondering if anything is missing after realizing the garage was left open all night, getting dropped off at home by the mechanic’s shuttle to realize that the garage remote is back in the car, etc. With Garadget, the gut sinking feeling is replaced with the satisfying “a-ha!”.
- CONVENIENCE: Remotely control and monitor your garage doors from your iOS, Android smartphone, web browser, popular home automation systems and other devices. Multiple units can be controller from within a single account. The account can be accessed from multiple devices.
- PEACE OF MIND: Receive notification when you forgot to close the garage door on departure, or when it remained open for too long or when it opens at an unusual time. Check the door status from anywhere anytime and see the time since the last event. Other automation such as opening on approach configured via free IFTTT channel.
- COMPATIBILITY: Garadget can be easily added to most of the existing and new garage door installations with few exceptions that require a workaround (notably Security+ 2.0 openers with yellow “learn” button – click for more info). Additionally to smart phones, tables and computers, Garadget can be controlled from the growing list of home automation systems, voice control systems, wearables and integration services (SmartThings, Home Assistant, Vera, Home Seer, OpenHab, Androidwear, Pebble, Alexa/Echo, MQTT, IFTTT).
- SIMPLE INSTALL: With its innovative laser sensor, Garadget installs in minutes: no long wiring, no intricate mechanical builds. Tools and materials are provided in the kit. The support resources include illustrated setup instructions, videos, troubleshooting guide and a friendly responsive online community.
- SECURITY AND TRUST: To ensure the security of the largest door in your house, Garadget relies on the advanced encryption and authentication protocols similar to that used for banking transactions. System’s open-source facilitates independent audit and consumer trust.